Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I finished stitching the crayon tint embroidery piece this week, I am not sure what I am going to do with it but I did enjoy stitching the piece and have several other projects in mind for the up coming weeks. I am so glad I decided to take the embroidery classes back in October, I have reignited my love of hand stitching and at this stage in my life find it quite relaxing.
My stitching needs to improve and I know the more pieces I make the better my stitching will become, I also need to try other mediums for tracing the pattern onto the fabric or use more strands or different threads so the traced lines don't show through so much, or perhaps my stitches are too wobbly and I need to practice needle control.
I love the addition of beads and the jingle bell to the center of the snowflake and I plan on making more pieces using beads.  I have a few sketched ideas in my creativity journal which I will eventually start in the meantime I have this l lovely  Hamsa Hand from Jerusalem Embroideries to do next.
pre-stamped fabric
And I bought this interesting piece of Valori Wells fabric a few weeks ago I thought would be perfect for hand embroidery.



No comments:

Post a Comment