Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Crafting Spirit Dolls

The weather here is finally feeling like Fall with this morning a beautiful 63 degrees which made my morning walk very pleasant.

I haven't done much hand embroidery this month I did start a project but put it aside because I just didn't like how it was turning out.  Instead I pulled out some crafty supplies to work on another project a new Nature Goddess/Spirit doll
here is a close up of her face made with air dry clay and paint.
here is a look at the back, I used a sea shell as a full moon
There are small sea shells attached along with some charms, dried and silk flowers some ribbon too.
Bits of cloth and ribbon are used to create the clothing and headdress and the staff is an actual twig from the yard.
I have a few more ideas for spirit dolls which I plan to craft over the next few weeks.  Here are some painted clay faces ready to be used on those upcoming projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment