Wednesday, May 30, 2018

What's been going on.


Wow! Can you believe Memorial day is here?  Where does the time go? So often I ask this question yet I still wonder, then I take the time to look around me and see what has been accomplished in those days.
Some of the time I'm tending the plants in my garden or pulling weeds and clearing debris, watering and repotting, it all takes time and as I grow older and move a little slower the time doesn't stop and wait for me to catch up, it keeps moving.


On Friday all my potted plants had to be  moved to make room for supplies and equipment that will be used to stucco my house.


Then mid way through the weekend the rains came from sub-tropical storm Alberto visiting us this weekend.  That can't be good for the grass. Sigh!  The groaning of the cement mixer all day Saturday made the day seem extra long, why wasn't the time flying by then.  The headache I woke with in the morning stayed with me most of the day.  The sun stuck around most of the day as well and by 8:30 Saturday evening the workmen left for the day. 

Sunday morning started off with some rain and clouds then gave way to sunshine and the return of the workman.  The cement mixer didn't drone on all day but the work did and right outside the window where I was stitching away.

And stitching I did until the Aine piece was completely stitched

The next time I work a Sashiko piece I will be sure to use sashiko thread, while the perle cotton that came with the kit did the job I found some of the stitches look thicker in places which could be because of the twist. 

I completed the Green Man embroidery May 11th, this is another Urban Threads pattern and not my own design.  
I worked im on 100% cotton muslin and  used 2 strands of DMC embroidery floss 890 is the main green color and 987 and 986, for his eyes I was trying for amber and decided on DMC 111 which is a variegated floss I think I got the look I wanted, he is about 8x8 inches and I think this one will be framed.  

I am designing a few new pieces to embroider but now that all the stucco work is done on the house I need to spend time rearranging my plants and the garden in the front and the back.  June 1st begins the Florida hurricane season so I need to get everything in place so when the winds blow through I can move stuff quick and efficiently. And with all the rain we've had this week some of the plants may need larger pots.

I really need to get back to posting more often so I am going to try at least for a weekly post.




No comments:

Post a Comment