Thursday, December 31, 2020

My last post for 2020

 My first embroidery project for 2021 will be making a Goddess a month for the entire year. The first one will be done on 100% cotton tone of tone fabric, using DMC Coloris floss 4509.

I will be making other projects throughout the year and also taking part in the 2021 Journal Threaders Facebook group, is anyone else taking part in the Journal Threaders 2021 project?

This year I am also planning to make a quilt using a basic goddess figure template, I made one several years ago for a friend and thought it was time to make another for myself.

I am hopeful of regaining my health in 2021 so I have more energy to blog and keep crafting. I have been scanned so many ways these passed few months I feel like I glow in the dark. Still no closer to a diagnosis but I don't have to have the gallbladder removed since I improved from a below 1% function to 40% in a few short months (anything 35 and above is normal). The biopsies I had show no cancer or tumors and according to one surgeon I saw digestive illness can be quite difficult to diagnose.

I have changed my doctor since I haven't been happy with his office staff since the beginning of this illness in March, he was the doctor who treated me while in the hospital and follow up afterward was just maddening, the doctor was fine but his office staff dropped the ball on return calls, refilling medications that it was time to find a new doctor. I am with a doctor I saw several years ago and after the surgeon decided I needed to follow up with my doctor it was the right move.

Here are a few photos of projects I completed during Yule, the pattern is from Hook Line & Tinker and has such a Scandinavian folk art look I just had to make them.


The blue was done using DMC floss 820 and the red I used DMC floss 321, I love the simplicity of the design and plan to make one in green as well.  I find hand embroidery so relaxing and ono days when I am up to it and can sit for a while I stitch.  Because of the near constant pain I have been in since March I haven't done much stitching.
Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment