Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Stitching Goddesses and Books to Read

 A stitching update for my Goddess a Month personal challenge.  Here are the latest 3 goddesses that I finally stitched and washed of the stitch and wash away product. I haven't ironed them yet.

For July the goddess Isis, her wings took forever to finish

Ariadne was my choice for August and she stitched up rather quickly.
The goddess Kali was for September, her arms look a bit sickly but after several attempts at drawing them I just said stitch it.
All in all I am happy with the results and will be happy when the last few are completed.  I fell behind with July and finally caught up in September after putting her aside to work on Ariadne and Kali.  I was avoiding the wings.  There are days when I  just don't feel like stitching, not many but I have learned that if I'm not feeling it then don't because I always wind up pulling out stitches.

The 2 new Witch 'Craft' books I pre-ordered a few weeks ago arrived this week, I am pleased with both
I have been crocheting for decades and these books had to be added to my collection, I have read Opal Luna's blog for a few years and made a few of her patterns so as soon as I knew the book was ready to pre-order I jumped on it.  

Other books on my reading table are Hemlock by Susan Wittig Albert, the newest in the China Bayles mystery series.
I have been reading this series since the 1990's and love how the characters have evolved over the years as well as the overall content of the stories.  This series began my love of herbal gardening, this is the 28th book in the series which began in 1992 with Thyme of Death.

This little gem by Katie Daisy How to be a Moonflower, because I love her artwork, oh and my newest teacup.




I'm also reading Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman, with the Book of Magic waiting in the wings.
I forgot I had bought this last year I began to read it but was still in so much pain I couldn't concentrate so I put it aside on my embroidery table and didn't realize it was under a dozen pieces of fabric waiting to be stitched.  I started it and so far I'm enjoying it very much.
On my visit to the Cardiologist office last Friday this beauty was greeting patients in the office. I just couldn't help snapping a photo.
This was my last visit with the cardiologist until February 2022, unless something comes up which I truly hope isn't going to happen.  I am on the well check list so each month I will receive a phone call from the office to check that all is well, if I need medication refills etc.

Well the hour is getting late so I will leave you with a bit of humor.




Okay time to go my needles are threaded and my teacup is almost empty.














No comments:

Post a Comment