Wednesday, September 21, 2022

The Wheel of the Year is Turning to Autumn

The Harvest Elder tends the web of life.
She gathers in the clan and brings the harvest home.
Her season is Autumn, her holy day the Equinox, her lunar phase the Third Quarter Moon, her life stage early elderhood (mid-60s through late 70s).
She owns her wisdom without apology, taking her place on the Council of Elders.
When younger ones despair that justice comes too slowly, the Harvest Elder nevertheless persists — and encourages us to do the same.
She mends the fabric of the universe along with her granddaughter’s ripped jeans.
She surrenders to Mystery with every falling leaf.
She gathers the harvest in, then gives it all away.
She pours out a steaming cup of herbal tea for you.
Come, pull up a chair. Listen to her stories.
She reaches out her hand and says, “Come along. I’ve been there.
I will show you the way.”
She mends the web of life.
Art and Words by Joanna Powell Colbert

I have loved the work of Joanna Powell Colbert for many, many years so this morning when I received her Newsletter in my email, I just had to share this image of the Harvest Elder and the beautiful words she shared in the newsletter. This is one of the in progress images from The Sacred Wheel Oracle. You can be sure I will be purchasing it as soon as it's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment