Thursday, March 30, 2017

Beltane Embroidery Revealed and other Emroidery Projects in the Works

About 10 days ago I wrote a post that included the few snippets of images for an upcoming hand embroidery project I wanted to make for Beltane, I had given little clues as captions.
driftwood or horns?
leaf unfurling or spiral or shell?

leaves or duck foot prints?
As you can see all those clues have been answered, the below photo is the piece on the stitch and wash away fabric right before I put in the last stitches on the ivy vines.
stitched on a wash away fabric
The finished piece is of a spiral Goddess standing between the stag horns used to represent the God. I used pink cotton fabric for the background for a experiment for Spring the first photo is more the true pink of the fabric, my lighting is not ideal and neither are my photography skills.  I am making another of these on a white background, I'm not too happy with my experiment, oh well live and learn and redo.
My next projects for hand embroidery will include two kits to keep me stitching between pieces I design myself.  I like having a few projects to keep me on track with the Year of Stitches challenge I joined in January.
The phases of the moon is a kit I purchased from an Etsy shop a few months ago and finally got around to putting it my hoop. The shop is here  https://www.etsy.com/shop/cozyblue
This lovely Peace symbol is from a shop on Ebay, a friend sent me a link to the shop thinking it would be something I would like and she was correct.
It is a Zenbroidery pattern and are available on Amazon, Ebay, Etsy just to list a few places for you.
I have another design in the works and should have it done in a day of so.
Moon Phases stitched
Here is the Moon Phases with all the embroidery done now I just need to iron it and decide how I want to finish the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment