Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year

I looked back on my January 1 journal entry for 2017 and I'm happy to say most of the goals I set for myself were met. The most important one however still eludes me and that is getting better control of my health, so again that becomes my main goal. Other goals I made were to be more creative and I did do that in aces.  I also wanted to read 5 new to me authors which I did so this year I will try for 7, which isn't always easy because I read several series.

Anyway we have a fresh new year to plan and play with, some of the things I would like to do in 2018 is hike more in the Florida State Parks, travel more throughout Florida's small towns and take a class or two in an activity that interest me that I haven't done yet or in a long time.

I have finally joined the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2018 after missing it last year.  My first block is ready to be embellished.
As you can see I am using fabrics from my scrap stash and not piecing the blocks from the more tradition settings.  I like the blocks in this book which I have used as a guidebook and I may use a few of the block settings.
I finished stitching this little hand embroidery piece for Imbolc a few days ago, it's nice to be ahead for a change.
One more thing I signed up for the 2018 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge again (I took part in 2015) 
http://melissaseclecticbookshelf.com/2018-witches-witchcraft-reading-challenge-sign-up-post-2/
I will try for Crone level which is 16-20 Witchy books as per the rules:
  • Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or includes major witchcraft elements counts. They may be fiction or non-fiction. However, they should not be reference books which are not read cover to cover-I will leave this to your discretion.
The link to sign up is below the the Challenge Button come join us for some good reads.
Wishing you all a very happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment