Sunday, February 23, 2020

Where is the time going?

Time sure does fly I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I made an actual post. It's been a little topsy turvy here at casa Deborah.

Nuisance ailments,  hard to believe I follow a healthy diet and exercise and still seem to get every bug passing through.  Just getting through the strides of daily life seems to have consumed my time lately though  I did manage to do some slow stitching and finished all the stitching on the Celtic Cross piece.
The photo is right after I washed the stitch and wash product off and it dried, it needs to be ironed and then framed.  I am quite happy with the results I did leave off some of the tiny knot work it looked messy even with a single strand of floss. Just a reminder the Celtic Cross is from a free coloring page from Dover Publications.

I started a new piece for the Drum and Dance series of hand embroideries I am making


Here is the progress so far on the Drum and Dance series piece for the hands and feet I went with 1 strand of floss so they don't look bulky.


The floss colors I used so far: DMC 3772 for flesh tone, DMC Coloris floss 4507 for the sash, the first two of the 4 solid flosses were used for the clothing 602 and 798.
The other two colors 959 and 3808 will be used as work progresses along with a few other colors for the drums.
On the non crafting side of things, my son Nick proposed marriage to his girlfriend, she said yes and are celebrating their engagement with a vacation in Ireland and are having a lovely time so far.   My grand niece Tessa celebrated her 7th birthday last weekend as I said time flies I can believe 7 years have gone by since we were blessed to have her in our lives, my son celebrated his 39th birthday on the 6th, was engaged on the 13th and left for Ireland on the 19th Life is good at Casa Deborah!

No comments:

Post a Comment