Sunday, December 28, 2014

Some stitching, fresh veggies and a good read.

The blue Celtic Knot embroidery piece stitching is completed and I decided to do another piece using a light green fabric and green floss.
12/25/14
My stitching is getting better though my tracing of the pattern shows a rather unsteady hand, I think it adds the human quality, after all it is hand crafted and hand stitched.

This is the green fabric with the pattern traced and waiting for stitching. This morning I made an early morning visit to the Crones' Cradle Conserve to clock how much time it will take me to drive there for the Crazy Quilt workshop next Saturday. While I was there I bought some just picked vegetables fresh from the earth.
Below the tomatoes, are red and yellow carrots, white turnips in the center and purple and white radishes, I have them prepped for a salad for later today, with each slice I made the aroma of soil filled my senses, nature's perfume at her best.

Sunday, December 28th and here is a look at the stitching on the green piece I started yesterday evening and early this morning.
I still don't have any idea what to do with these practice pieces though the more I look at them I'm leaning toward journal cover.
I am about three quarters of the way through reading A Social History of Tea, if you are a tea lover its quite an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment