Friday, August 20, 2021

Some New Crafty Books for Fall and Stitching Update

 I just pre-ordered 3 new craft books set to release in the Autumn 2 in October and 1 in November. The Crocheting Witch and Fiber Magick are fiber/needle arts. The Witchcrafting Handbook includes crafts, recipes, and creative projects for you and your home.



As a practitioner of Stitch Craft I am looking forward to these 3 books. The first book The Crocheting Witch by RJ Montgomery is described as A quick reference for people specifically looking to incorporate crochet into their craft, The Crocheting Witch is a guide to using different types of stitch pattern, materials, herbal and essential-oil infusions, beads, and charms to create a variety of crocheted crafts.

The Fiber Magick book by Opal Luna is described as it provides many ways to enhance your magick through fiber arts. Discover the tools of the trade, the power of color, and a variety of weaving, braiding, and knotting methods. Learn how to use sigils, deities, and correspondences in your practice. I believe this is similar to how I incorporate magical intentions to the things I create by adding a bit of spell work or chanting my intention for the person I am making the item for.

The Witchcrafting Handbook by Helena Garcia is described as a new book to help you witch-craft your way to a more magical life, with creative projects for you and your home. Over 70 projects for stylish witches to make at home.

The last crafts book for Witches I purchased was Sew Witchy by Raechel Henderson, I bought it in March 2020 right before I became ill. Other crafting books for witches I have on my shelf are:

Witchy Crafts by Lexa Olick

Witch Crafts by Willow Polson

The Crafty Witch by Willow Polson

Magical Needlework by Dorothy Morrison

Recently I added 2 embroidery books to my witch crafty shelves:

Magical Stitches by Christi Johnson

Embroidery Now by Jennifer Cardenas Riggs (not necessarily pagan centered)

My progress on the July goddess of the Month embroidery was stalled for a few weeks so once again I am playing catch up. The July goddess is Isis and I am currently working on the wings.  

I would like to have the stitching completed soon but illness and heart surgery, cardiac rehab has pretty much taken up most of my energy so I don’t stitch daily and when I do stitch it isn’t for very long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment