Sunday, August 1, 2021

Update on what I have been doing and Lughnasadh Blessings to You.

 Much has happened in the last few months, my health and energy has been like a rollercoaster ride with no end in sight.

July began with me turning 66 on the 1st and a tropical storm brewing in the air. The Florida hurricane season began June 1st with the usual afternoon rain showers then turned heavier as tropical storms brewed in the Gulf and Atlantic. We have had rain every day this month and one day out of the last 10 was rain free. Such is the weather in semi tropical climate.

On the health front my appointment with the cardiologist was on the morning of my birthday and the news wasn’t too great. I have obstructions in both the left and right carotid arteries which will need stents most likely, also in an artery to my heart. I am currently waiting for the surgeon’s office to call with appointment details which I should hear from them by the end of this week. The other concern is raising my heart rate which has been in the upper 40’s for nearly a year, to start one of my blood pressure medications has been reduced again this time from 50 mg once a day to 25 mg daily. I really dislike when they mess around with my BP medications because of the past problems with spiking blood pressure. I do monitor my blood pressure at home daily so I can be on top of it.

Next up this week is the mammogram and bone density test on Tuesday, and blood work a two days later for my general doctor. Then I’m really hoping all the testing is done for a while.

For my birthday my son and daughter in law took me out to lunch to celebrate, lunch was at a favorite Italian restaurant, the food was very good and the company lovely. On Saturday my sister and great niece Tessa took me out to lunch and brought along a birthday cake along with a chocolate edible candle.

I just love the sunflowers on this cake, I sent the remainder of the cake home with my sister, her husband has a sweet tooth so I know it would be appreciated and so much better then sending home a slice. I don’t eat cake very often so the slice I had was enough. It was funny to have the cake after I told my son NO cake this year, if anything just a few cupcakes, my son loves cake, so after lunch we each chose a piece of cake for dessert and brought it home, we had such a variety we cut a small piece of each and enjoy carrot cake, orange creamcicle cake and my choice NY Cheesecake plain. Believe me when I say those cakes tasted great and it was so much better to have a bite of each then an entire slice. My great niece Tessa is 8 years old and picked out the perfect gifts for me, a lovely straw hat, blue beach towel and a tote bag with art work from one of my favorites Leoma Lovegrove.
The 7 Moons red blend wine was purchased by me for the bottle I want to find the dark red blends as well, I don’t usually drink but lately I have been wanting to try wine again.

A few new oracle decks have been added to my growing collection, these are Goddess centered decks. This first deck The Earth Craft Oracle with art by Danielle Boodoo-Fortune is a lovely woman of color deck, and the cards are so colorful. I love her artwork, the deck is written by Juliet Diaz and Lorriane Anderson
 


This African Goddess Affirmations deck by Abiola Abrams was a gift to me by a friend it’s another wonderful woman of color decks. Each card has the name of the goddess and a brief affirmation.


The third deck is an older deck given to my by a friend recently the Goddess Inspiration Oracle is by Kris Waldherr who also created the Goddess Tarot.

Okay here is the update: I had 2 stents put in the heart artery a long one and a short one, they can't do the carotid until a neuro or vascular surgeon signs off on it. This is a rule with Medicare and most insurance companies, apparently there was a missed step like a consultation before I was set to have the stents so I would know about it, but the doctors office just set me up for the surgery so they dropped the ball and I would have been prepared to know I wasn't having the carotids done. They are hoping the blood thinners will be enough blah blah blah. So now I am on Plavix (again) for 6 months to a year. I have to do nothing for 2 days no driving just rest and then no real activity or lifting for a week.

Then on July 27th I arrived at the cardiologist office and they couldn't find my name on the appointment list so I pull out my little next visit card and ooops I had the right date, right time, WRONG month. Well it did seem to be rather a quick follow up visit. LOL one of my senior moment brain pauses.
On the upside of things the cardiac rehab center called and my first visit is on August 5th that answered one of my questions I had for my doctor.

I am still working on my goddess a month hand embroidery and finally caught up and am working on the July Goddess Isis, Below is the start of the Goddess Isis for July began stitching on the evening of July 2nd so I am back on track with my months.

  The inspiration for this goddess are the figurine and the altar image by Katherine Skaggs, I like the texture of the clothing when stitched. So far I chose DMC 820 royal blue very dark. I am going to use a variegated floss for the wings in shades of oranges and yellows, I had thought to use metallic thread in gold but I just think it would be too much for the piece.

I will post all of the stitched goddess pieces on another post, I tire very easily and sitting at my desk takes a lot out of me.  

I wish all of you a warm and wonderful Lughnasadh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment