Friday, January 9, 2015

A Crazy start to the New Year

So here we are nine days into 2015 and things are moving along nicely, weather wise here in Florida we are having a cold snap with temps dropping into the low 30's. brrrr! Anyway let me move onto more interesting topics.

I may have mentioned in an earlier post my plans to make 2015 a more creative year for myself with plans to kick off the New Year attending a day long Crazy Quilt workshop,  I had a wonderful day, the other 10 women attending the group created some beautiful blocks. I am only sorry I forgot to pack my camera it would've been nice to show off their blocks too.

Celeste Viale, our instructor was encouraging and shared her knowledge with the group, as well as her love of quilt making.  As the day wore on and stitching got under way I could feel the stress and tension of December melt away, this in part to the crazy quilt making and the idyllic setting at the Crones' Cradle Conserve.

Fabrics, trims, buttons, threads and floss were plentiful and shared among the group, tips, ideas and many questions along with some laughter soon gave way to the silence of nearly a dozen women heads bent reverently stitching their crazy quilt block.
Here is the start of my first hand pieced Crazy Quilt block, I will be adding more pieces if I can decide on the fabric placement, I changed my mind 5 times yesterday.  In the meantime there are other projects waiting like the Greenman I drew onto fabric waiting now patiently to be stitched, I am planning to use it in a greenman crazy quilt block.
I began reading Spell Booked by Joyce and Jim Lavene for the 2015 Witches and Witchcraft reading challenge.
If you are interested the challenge info can be found here:http://melissaseclecticbookshelf.com/2015-witches-witchcraft-reading-challenge-sign-up-post/

No comments:

Post a Comment