Friday, May 13, 2016

What I have been doing while recovering

It has been a few rough weeks but finally I am on the other side of a nasty bug that hit me in early March and held on and lingered for weeks. Now in the second week of May I can finally say I am feeling myself again.

Here are a few photos of what I have be working on over the past few weeks. These are the Hocuspocusville blocks I worked on while ill.
block four
block five
block six
This wonderful piece came out nicely I used a new method of printing the paper on a washable material that wasn't too difficult to stitch through, though it did not adhere well to the fabric.
triple moon
Hamsa Hand
The Hamsa Hand piece was from a kit and while I like the design I wasn't thrilled with the fabric, it is a polyester blend and pulls and snags easily so you have to be careful not to pull the thread to tight.  I and going to use the hand as an applique so I decided not to do the words.

Yoga Tree Pose
The Yoga tree pose piece is a work in progress so while most of the embroidery is done I am still planning the rest of the design.

I did get out and about a bit on days when I was feeling better and Mother's Day weekend was spent in Georgia at the Renaissance Faire
jousting
some vendor shops
garden art
Green Man tree
The Georgia Renaissance fair is a dedicated space and all of the stages and vendor shops are permanent building.  This is the 30th year of the fair and my first visit.

A few weeks ago I was having a good day and my son and I went shopping for a few plants for the front of the house, we were in the process of trimming down the over grown shrubs in the front and I decided we needed to cut them way down to near ground level because previous owners just added new shrubs night to the current plant and what resulted was a tangle mess of several shruubs all fight for room to grow.
over grown shrubs
pruning in progress
New plants for the front
Books I have read while recovering, the books on the Camino de Santiago really peaked my interest I love walking and hiking so I wouldn't be surprised if I attempt it some time in the near future.
Camino walking
ordered myself a copy
A few trips to the library on the days I was feeling up to driving yielded some interesting reads and added to my book challenge numbers.
Well that's my update for the past several weeks. I hope you have a magical day

No comments:

Post a Comment