Sunday, July 30, 2023

Time Whirls by.

 I put the last stitches into the goddess Morrigan embroidery piece. I put off stitching her for nearly 2 weeks because I only had two strands of the wool floss I used for the wings left and didn't think I had enough, I ordered more and it came Friday so I finished stitching it yesterday and guess what? I had just enough to finish the piece without using the new stuff. I guess I should have kept stitching instead of waiting believing I didn't have enough floss and it would have been finished. Next time that happens I will use up the last bits I have on hand then go from there. Here she is before I iron it.

Apparently the L4 has moved out of alignment and is causing all the pain, and I have quite a arthritis in the spine as well. An MRI is scheduled for Tuesday the 27th, in the meantime it's a round of steroids to hopefully reduce the swelling and relieve some of the pain. Anyway it has a fancy name spondylolisthesis.

If the doctor would have listened better a few months ago when I saw him for my knee pain and I described everything that was going on he could have addressed this much sooner and I could have had less pain filled days. I had already told him about a previous back surgery for the L5 for the same reason and this is a pattern with the condition.

On the up side the steroids have helped with the pain and I am hoping that possibly physical therapy could be an option before another surgery, but I know I have been suffering with this for over 2 years so that may not be an option.

It has been a long hot July with some high points, I turned 68 on the 1st of the month and had a lovely lunch out with my son and daughter in law, my sister found a house back in PA and is moving at the beginning of August, since she lost her husband a year ago in June she has been so miserable, she has family and friends and when she was there in March it just felt like home to her.  I will miss her and my niece Tessa and wish them all the best, we had lunch last weekend to say our goodbyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment