Saturday, September 2, 2023

Welcome September

 

I am not sorry to see the month of August end, it's been a very long hot month ending with a hurricane. Luckily Hurricane Idalia blew through quickly with a light steady rain most of the day.  By evening the clouds passed by enough to give view of the super blue moon hanging high above my rooftop.



Not the grandest of photos but in person she was brilliant and a welcoming sight after all the rain we had during the day.  In fact, for the 2 days after the hurricane we had more rain during our afternoon showers than we had during the storm.
This morning while the sun was rising once again the moon was hanging in the sky, shining brightly waiting for the sun.

I completed the hand embroidery on my Mabon piece and just need to add some buttons and the fabric backing.
The pattern is from a coloring page I purchase from an Etsy shop I changed out the center motif which was an apple and replaced it with a goddess.  She will be holding a pumpkin once I add the button.  Originally, I was going to have her hold a sunflower but after showing the 2 choices in a Facebook group as seen in the photos below, the pumpkin seemed to be the way to go.

Later today I will add the buttons, the sunflower will be placed between the two cornucopia motifs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment