Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Stitching and Health Update


So after 2 weeks wearing a heart monitor the update from my cardiologist is I am constantly in Atrial Fibrillation (aka A-fib). For now I am just taking an additional blood thinner to prevent the possibility of a Stroke. I can continue my exercise and daily walks. Since I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning so I will go to decaf and eventually go back to just drinking tea, usually decaf and herbal. I just have to get used to the rapid heart beat, shortness of breath and being tired most of the time. I can do this. I better because the alternative doesn't appeal to me.

On the Crafty side of things, I have stitched up a few blocks of the Kathy Schidtz Woven Wreaths SAL, these are June through September 




These are May through January, some how they loaded in reverse order.




I just ordered this wonderful table topper Fright Night by Kathy Schmidtz, I love the vintage Halloween images they remind me of the old Beistle cardboard cutouts and other Halloween decorations I used to hang up when my son was a child.
The table topper comes with the backing fabric pieces as well and is available on Spoonflower, just need a 1 yard cut.


I am trying to decide whether I want to stitch them in just the 1 color recommended or do them in colorful Halloween colors.  

A few months ago I started the Roxy Journal of Stitchery Vol.6 SAL, we started with Spring and are now in the 3rd prompt for summer which is Lazy Days of Summer where anything that reminds you of a lazy summer day would be your thing to stitch.  The first Summer prompt was, Wildflower and the 2nd prompt was butterfly or insect.  The Spring prompts were Bulb, Nest and Blossom or Bloom.  

The K3nclothtales SAL we are up to week 38 Nature's Textures.  I am still working on week 37 Home.

Anyway with Autumn only a few days away I need to begin my autumn goddess so I will be pulling the fabrics for her later this week. 
Thats about all that has been going on.





No comments:

Post a Comment