Saturday, December 23, 2023

Refreshing My Blog for the New Year

 We are less than 2 weeks from the new year it's a great time to refresh this blog. It has suffered for a while mostly due to illness and a few life changes and also for those that have followed my blog I began a Walking the Wheel of the Year Journey in 2023. Observing changes in nature in my own yard and neighborhood.  I had chosen a tree in my yard that I was documenting the seasonal changes during the year when the tree service I hired to take down some dead trees in my yard accidentally took down the Holly tree I was observing. I was blogging my wheel of the year on another blog As the Crone Flies. I had considered combinig the two blogs for awhile than about two weeks ago I could no longer upload my photos to the word press site, I believe the universe was telling me it was time to combine the blogs.

This year I'm planning to make changes to my wheel of the year journey.  

I will continue to add post about my hand embroidery which brings me great joy and a deep state of relaxation to an almost meditative state.

I follow a goddess path pagan lifestyle which I will continue to write about.  If you are new to this blog here is a link to my other blog As the Crone Flies to get an idea of what I posted there: https://deborahsasthecroneflies.wordpress.com/  

Mostly it's just what I am doing in my life, the usual ups, downs, ins, and outs of daily living.

Currently I am finishing these  2 little polar bear ornaments the hand embroidery is complete and I am putting them together.  By the way these photos were deemed to large for the other site.  The pattern came from an Etsy shop The Hoop In Hand.  

I am currently reading The Witching Year by Diana Helmuth, which I just started yesterday. And the Spirited Kitchen by Carmen Spagnola.


There has been so highs and lows in 2023 which I am planning to remedy in 2024, currently I have  ongoing back and leg problems which with the help of the Orthopedic center doctors I am hoping to repair or at least improve without surgery.  



I have always been an avid walker beginning each day with a 1-2 mile walk, the last half of the year my daily walks have been reduced to short walks and at times not walking at all.  I miss those daily walks and I'm determined to start them again. In fact, tomorrow I am going on a pack walk volunteering to walk a shelter dog around Silver Springs park in the morning, along with my son and daughter in law.

I just hope they have a dog that is as slow as I am lately. I will surely post about it here.

One change in my life this year include a change to my mostly healthy eating habits, by making even healthier choices including more plant based meals.  I say mostly healthy because sometimes I throw caution to the wind and just eat something not too healthy like a slice of pizza, or a hamburger.  I have several obstructed arteries so my fats intake are fairly low so junk foods are out of my diet, though if I really want it I will eat it.  I know my life depends on the healthy food choices but some days you just have to have what you crave.  I don't give into the craving right away I will usually put it out of my mind but if I still crave it a week later I will give in.

Another change in my life is to put in a garden, most likely raised beds because of my back, right now I have a few potted plants but my heart wants to garden. While I may not have the dream garden below this year, I think it's something to hope for in the future.  Right now a raised bed or two would be enough.

I do dream of having a garden like the photo above but right now I will settle for a garden like I had back in Spring of 2013.



The winter solstice has passed so each day will grow a little lighter, may your hearts be warmed by the rays of the sun.



Right now the hour is getting late and I have some stitching to do.  Tonight's Christmas Eve Eve moon is shining brilliant over my roof top.

I welcome you to leave comments, ask questions and follow along on my journey.







No comments:

Post a Comment