Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Just A Thought On the New Year

For decades I stopped making resolutions in the New Year, instead I made goals for the coming year, realistic goals which I often met.  Over the last few years  I began making intentions for the year ahead in the spring when everything new was blooming, it just made sense.

As we take another whirl around the sun, what does it mean to come out of stasis? Do you find yourself still standing in place, not quite ready to begin the long strides needed to enter the year.

I think the expectations we set for ourselves at the beginning of the year do us little service, other than to set us up for dissatisfaction or disappointment when we don't live up to what we've been told we should.⁠

We are still in a period of rest, it doesn't feel the right time to set intentions yet, why not wait until Spring.  

At the end of the year I decided on a few activities to take part in as the year begins to unfold, things I can do as I myself begin to unwind from the busyness of the year now behind us.  

I have a few Slow stitching stitch a longs I am taking part in. I love the no rush, slow steady rhythm of pushing a needle and thread through fabric. 

The little stitchery is of Airmid from Kelli Lincoln of Dancing Goddess, I would like to finish her soon. 

I'm also doing a few reading challenges, again an activity that takes little energy yet yields wonderful rewards.


I'm just about finished with the book The Comfort of Crows, for the Library Love reading challenge, I have 2 books waiting to be picked up by the 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment