Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Pushing through January Walking the Wheel of the Year

 I'm pushing through the month of January along with the gray skies and more rainy days than sunshine then I can remember, this is supposed to be our dry season but you wouldn't know this month.  We have had more rain than dry days so far.

On an up note the last few days have been sunny for the most part which makes walking my wheel of the year more pleasant when I can just walk out my door to walk and not wait for the rains to pass.  

The sun was out early morning so while filling the bird feeders I snapped a photo of my shadow, a rare appearance this month. Some of my observances this month was the moon fighting the clouds, on the morning after heavy rain the birds we flocking to the yard, trees and feeders, I snapped a photo of a bird one of about 2 dozen pecking about the ground for the seeds I just spread about.  The white egrets were pecking about on the median in my way back from my walk and the last photo is from Friday morning when the moon was visible on one side of the sky while the sun was shinning on the other side.



I posted in an early post that my word of the year is MEND and I had planned to add the word to a stitched piece I was working on.  Here is the piece with my word stitched in place.
I love how it turned out and want to add a few other words to some of my pieces for this stitch along I am taking park it that runs through 2024.  The stitch along is https://www.youtube.com/@k3n.clothtales
if you are interested in taking part.  Kathryn has some other wonderful creative videos as well.

I'm also planning to add more stitchery in my Walking the Wheel of the Year journey. in fact I am viewing 2024 as My Stitching Year.

I am currently reading Black Candle Women.
This is for the Library Love reading challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment