Monday, January 8, 2024

Where Does The Time Go?

 We are a week into January, a week into 2024 and I still ask the question, where does the time go?

I know for me this week it has gone into preparing some stitching projects for 2024, the first being the Kathy Schmitz Woven Wreaths SAL.

The first photo is of the stitch along panel which is 1 fat quarter available at Spoonflower, I chose the blue, it's also available in red and green. The other photos show my stitching progress over Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.





My wonderful daughter in law brought me back some lovely herbal tea from their trip to Helen, GA. Moon Magick Tea is a lovely brew with a slight spicy floral flavor and aroma.  I have started having a cup in the evenings.



I Googled the Newagegirl88.com and found there is a website and an Etsy shop with a nice variety of tea and other lovely items.

After drinking my tea I decided to stick the tea ball into a jar with a teabag from earlier in the day, I added some hot water and 3 small squares of fabric to tea dye them. 


I started this a 9:30 pm checking on the tea which darkened in the last photo. This  morning I removed the fabric pieces, each fabric square is a slightly different texture and weight.



Once they dry I will compare the tea dyed pieces to the undyed pieces to see if there was much of a change. 
I plan to  use the tea dyed pieces in an upcoming stitching project, more on that in a future post.



No comments:

Post a Comment