Saturday, January 13, 2024

My Word of the Year for 2024

Do you choose a personal word for the year as a focus? In the last decade it seems to be the offspring of making New Year’s resolutions, which never resonated with me. I always felt making resolutions at the start of the year when we are winding down from the holiday season and in the throes of winter where everything seems to be in a state of rest and recovery, why put oneself through promises that most of the time are broken before February ends. But a word or even two words is something I can get behind.

My word for 2024 is: MEND.

During last few years with all the physical challenges and changes it brought, mending feels like exactly what I need to do. When thinking about the difference between mending and healing; healing always feels like something that just happens (if you’re lucky), but mending is something that you do.

You take something into your hands and you make it better. It's an act of will rather than patience.

I want to mend, so this year my word of the year is Mend. I'm interested to see just where this word takes me.



No comments:

Post a Comment